Monday 1 December 2014

Easy rules for speaking English

Please excuse the delay in posting new material here. The real reason I stopped posting was that I ran out of suggestions or observations to share. Of course no easy rules for speaking English exist, but thinking of a few guidelines is not hard. For example, speak slowly unless you are already fluent. Trying to speak as fast as native speakers just makes your English sound worse. No doubt this is true in most languages, not just English.

Speaking clearly also helps listeners understand you in any language. Don't cover your mouth, look down at your feet, or swallow your words. Watch your listeners for signs of understanding or confusion. Use the tone of your voice and body language to help get your point across. Sitting like a statue or talking head does not help you express yourself.

Please let me know any topics that interest you and I will consider them for a future blog. Also I am glad to help anyone who asks.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy rules for speaking English

Please excuse the delay in posting new material here. The real reason I stopped posting was that I ran out of suggestions or observations to...